I visited this branch on Friday, June 12, 2015 to change my name from my married name back to my maiden name as I am going through a divorce.

I initially called the TD 1800 customer service phone # and was told a name change must be done in person at a branch. I visited the branch on Parsons Road in Edmonton as it is closest to my home, I waited in line and when it was my turn I walked up to the customer service representative, Carol, put my card in the card reader and typed in my pin code. I was than told that I must make an appointment for a name change and they wouldn't be able to help me until 1:00 the next day.

I returned to the branch the next day, and the individual I had an appointment with wasn't available and didn't appear like they were going to be free for some time (but that is another story), so the customer service manager completed the name change for me at the counter. I left the branch satisfied that my last name was now changed from my married name back to my maiden name.

A few hours after I was home I decided to go online to my TD internet banking to ensure my name was updated. I noticed immediately that my savings account was $500 less than it was the last time I checked my account details. I was very panicked and looked further into the details of my savings account. I was shocked to discover that my account details indicated that a $500 cash withdrawal was done at the Parsons Road branch the day prior, June 12, 2015. I had NOT done anything further than attempt to change my name at the branch and was extremely worried as to why my account was missing $500.

I immediately called the TD 1800 customer service phone # who indicated I must attend the branch location to get this matter sorted out.

I drove immediately to the location and it appears the incompetent customer service representative, Carol, accidentally used my account for the customer behind me in line and gave that customer my $500. Thankfully when I went back today, the customer service manager was able to pull the receipts from yesterday and the $500 transaction from my account was signed by a signature that was clearly not mine.

This is not OK. Although I am glad I was given my money back this should have never happened in the first place. Do customers not have to put their card in the card reader and enter their pin code prior to their account being accessed? Why was my account still open when I had left the branch?

I am now left with a very bitter taste in my mouth and worried about the safety of my finances with TD.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of td canada trust savings account. Td Canada Trust needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned td canada trust savings account in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Td Canada Trust.

Comments